SVT Software LLC
The iTunes file sharing interface provides an easy way for you to backup your Accounts 2 data. You can then use the backup any time you need to copy or restore your data onto an existing or new iPhone, iPod, or iPad device.
Accounts 2 supports backup and restore via the iTunes files sharing interface. Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch must have iOS 3.2 or higher for this feature to be available.
Steps for Backup
1. Launch iTunes on your computer. Please refer to the screen shot above as necessary.
2. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to the computer via USB cable.
3. From the left pane of the iTunes window, select the device's name under the DEVICES grouping.
4. Next, select the "Apps" tab from top of the iTunes window and scroll down to the "File Sharing" section.
5. Select the Accounts 2 app from the Apps list and then select the "accounts.sql" file from the Accounts 2 Documents list.
6. Finally, click on the "Save to..." button on the bottom of the Accounts 2 Documents list.
7. Choose a directory to save the "accounts.sql" database file. You will need to remember where this file is located on your computer in order to use it for a future restore.
Steps for Restoring
1. To restore the Accounts 2 database with the "accounts.sql" file that was previously saved on your computer, please perform steps 1 to 5 from the section above.
2. Next, drag the "accounts.sql" from your desktop to replace the "accounts.sql" file in iTunes. This operation will cause the updated files in iTunes to be sync down to your device.
3. Finally, make sure to completely terminate the app from the fast app switch list and then restart it so that the new database can take affect.
For those of you that prefers to use SyncDocs instead of iTunes file sharing for backup, please refer to this link for information.
An easy way to backup and restore your data!
Copyright 2008 - 2012 SVT Software LLC. All rights reserved.
SVT Software LLC